Friday, May 22, 2015

Things to Start

Again, I plan on starting a few more things next year- a better procedure for note taking and a more organized process for make-up work when students are absent. I know that I should be more strict in some areas, and lighten up on other issues- these are fluid things that (they say) you develop with experience as a teacher. (In my head, I'm still laughing at my words while writing this- who would have thought that I could become a teacher???) Anyway, here are some

Things to Start:

  • a family
  • you should sell your brownies next year
  • getting after people that skip
  • playing music during assignments
  • being strict to people who are not willing to pay attention to you 
  • selling more candies [for fundraisers for organizations I sponsor] 
  • your new dream job
  • give us a Blizzard if we get a 100 on a test, for example on the 6-weeks tests
  • next year (duh)
  • showing math videos
  • teaching your way of teaching to M___. ___________. (another teacher in our hallway! yikes!) 
  • putting us in groups
  • teaching us in groups based on what we need
  • help more kids
  • speaking more Spanish!
  • speaking English
  • playing games often
  • cheer them up before you take a test or start a lesson
  • you should start selling your homemade cookies
  • playing more cards
  • being more happy
  • selling cheesecakes
  • sending Artemio to walk [when students say a bad word, they have to
    "take a walk" to the end of the hallway and back- it gets them moving & gives everybody a chance to cool off in case they offended someone] 
  • by not giving homework
  • giving out prizes
  • being more awesome
  • cussing [no, not gonna happen!]
  • a walk out [why? these kids are hilarious.]
  • make the class shorter
  • keeping games to play when we finish our work
  • bringing us ice cream
  • start being aware of Enrique (future student's name- had a girl warn me that her cousin will be in 9th grade next year!)
  • being mean
  • scream

I think I'll take some of these with a grain of salt! 



No comments:

Post a Comment